"Abiding in Christ through grace, we are gathered to grow and sent to serve"
In 1888, a small group of people began worshipping together in people’s homes in Brownton with the help of the pastor from St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, Penn township (rural Brownton). They put up a small building on the north side of Brownton which is now a family’s home. The young congregation received its pastoral leadership from St. Matthew’s until 1901 when the pastor from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Stewart, served the congregation until 1942. During that time, a new church building was moved into in 1922. Through the years, Grace found times when they shared a pastor with other congregations and times when we had a pastor on our own. Our membership has varied through the years, at one time topping 300 baptized members yet for most of our history has been in the 200’s. In the mid-1990’s, we decided to move to a new building to continue our ministry and did so in 1999, the same year the Pastor Andy came to serve with us. Our 125th anniversary was celebrated in 2013 and we pray God will continue to help us serve our Lord Jesus well into the future. Currently our membership is 250 members and we are pleased to have a Sunday school with about 25 members. Visitors to worship and to Sunday school are most welcome!
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).